Need for Travel Insurance
You need travel insurance if you want to travel risk-free. Apart from health-related risks there are other unexpected situations that can put you at financial risk. Your existing health insurance policy cannot provide sufficient coverage when you are travelling outside Canada. The coverage you get by your government insurance plan is maximum up to 10% of medical or accidental bills while travelling abroad. While travelling, chances of getting ill are high because of changes in climate, environment and routine. Medical emergencies are difficult to handle, especially if you are in an unknown place. Expenses will also be difficult to bear and can disturb your travel budget. To make your trip memorable it is important that you have suitable travel insurance that provides appropriate coverage.
Travel insurance has your back when you face any difficulty related to health, accidental injury, travel plans and important possessions while travelling. The insurance covers the financial damage occurred because of unexpected circumstances while travelling within or outside Canada.
There are various insurance brokers in Brampton who offer you different plans. It is always better to compare rates online for different travel insurance packages and go accordingly. Comparing different packages and rates will help you make the right decision and get the best market rate. At Top Financial we offer the best of market rates and allow you to customize coverage for your policy. We aim at simplifying the whole insurance process for our clients. Making a claim is also easy and convenient. We recommend our clients to keep in touch in case of any medical emergency to get claim clearance smoothly. You need to submit travel and personal details with the claim form.
Coverage offered under Travel Insurance
- 24×7 emergency coverage is available.
- No need for a health check-up if you are less than 60 years.
- Travelers above 60 years of age have to fill in a simple health-related questionnaire.
- Pre-existing health conditions are also covered but there are some criteria.
- The coverage for pre-existing health conditions will be according to the severity of health condition, time period of travel and age of traveler.
- Coverage for medical or accidental emergencies including hospitalization.
- Maximum coverage for any type of medical emergency you get is $50,000,00.
- With changing needs, special coverage is added to existing packages i.e., for COVID-19 emergencies.
- If you get infected with COVID-19 just before travelling or while travelling then expenses will be covered.
- Any type of change to the trip like rescheduling or cancelling the whole trip in case of unexpected emergencies can be covered.
- Loss, theft or damage of baggage during the trip or important documents like passport, boarding pass or personal IDs can also be taken care of.
- Coverage is provided for accidents because of adventures, sports or risky location
- Coverage is there for accidental death along with dismemberment insurance.
- You can also go for a non-medical package that will only provide coverage for trips and baggage related emergencies. However, it will provide coverage for accidental death during the trip.
- There are different types of optional coverage that provide specific coverage like Sports & Activities, Baggage, Rental Car Protection etc.
Apart from the above-stated coverage there is additional coverage that you can buy to make your trip less risky. Any travel insurance offers coverage for a maximum of 15 months. It is up to you to use coverage in a single trip or you can go for multiple trips. The premium will depend upon the type of coverage you require. Top Financial at Brampton, have strong business relations with various reputable insurance and financial providers that help our clients in getting diversified coverage at competitive rates.